Admission Requirements and Process
PRTS accepts applications year-round. You can begin an online application for any of our degrees, certificates, or even to take one course as a visiting student.
- An academic reference
- An ecclesiastical reference
- Transcripts reflecting all post-secondary education; evidence of a completed undergraduate degree (BA or BSc) is necessary. Transcripts must be mailed directly to the seminary.
- All applicable application essays
- An academic writing sample
- TOEFL or IELTS score sent to the seminary (for all ESL applicants)
- A $50.00 application fee
What to Expect
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis; the Admissions Committee meets and considers applications every two to three months. Please review the checklist in order to determine what is necessary to successfully submit your application.
First, you must submit a small pre-application form to help us determine which application you need. After submitting this, a new window will open where you can complete your full application. As you work on this application, each field automatically saves! You will receive two separate emails from Populi (our online student software).
- The first is to verify your email address
- A second email will contain a link to your application; please save this email so that you can revisit your application if you do not finish it in one sitting!
Mail In Application
While the online option for completing an application is preferred (it is much more efficient and more streamlined), you may complete the application by mailing (or having sent) all documents to the seminary. Please contact the Admissions Office for the appropriate forms.
English as a Second Language (ESL) applicants are required to submit their TOEFL or IELTS score. PRTS requires a minimum of 85 on the internet-based TOEFL. The IELTS equivalent required is 6.5. The PRTS reporting code is 0368.