Paul van EngelenhovenContact
Paul is a doctoral candidate in Biblical Studies at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary. His research focuses on the renewal passages in Ezekiel and Jeremiah from a biblical-theological perspective. It is his aim to serve the church by providing a clear explanation of the doctrine of regeneration as it is recorded in both the Old and New Testament.
Prior to his studies at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary, Paul completed his MDiv in Christian ministry at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY. Paul was raised in a Christian home in the Netherlands, but came to faith later in life. His journey has taken him through many (predominantly Asian) countries before he co-planted a church in the Netherlands in 2012. In 2014 this church agreed that the Lord had called him to theological training.
Paul has been married to his wife (Jisun) since 2010 and they have two children (Abigail and Noah).
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
(1) Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, KY (MDiv in Christian ministry)
(2) Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary (PhD – in progress)
Subject area and specialization
Old Testament studies: Renewal passages in the major prophets
Biblical Theology: Theological development of regeneration
- Nature and condition of the human heart (before and after the new birth)
- The work of the Holy Spirit in regards to unbelievers and in believers
- The presence of the Holy Spirit in corporate and individual Worship
- The theologies of the major prophets (particularly Ezekiel and Jeremiah)