Dr. Adriaan C. Neele
President / Professor of Homiletics & Historical TheologyContact • ORCID ID
Adriaan C. Neele holds a PhD in Historical Theology (Utrecht University) and a PhD in Homiletics (Theological University Apeldoorn). He has taught at various seminaries and universities in Canada, South Africa, and the USA, including Yale University, University of Pretoria, University of the Free State, Africa Institute for Missiology, and Farel Reformed Theological Seminary. Presently, he serves as a Professor of Homiletics and Historical Theology at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary in Grand Rapids.
Dr. Neele is the author of multiple books and articles on early modern Reformed theology, Jonathan Edwards, and homiletics. His works have been published by publishers such as Brill, Wm. Eerdmans, Oxford University Press, Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Dunedin Academic Press, and Summum Academic.
In addition, he serves on the boards of the Jonathan Edwards Center at Yale University, the Bavinck Institute, and the Dutch Reformed Translation Society.
Prior to being called to Gospel ministry, he was an international business executive in the biotechnology, software, and venture capital industry. He and his wife Kornelia are blessed with six children.
“In necessariis unitas, in non necessariis libertas, in omnibus prudentia et caritas.”
PublicationsSelect list of books authored or edited by Dr. Adriaan Neele
- Petrus van Mastricht (1630-1706): Text, Context, and Interpretation. Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, 2020. Editor and Contributor.
- Jonathan Edwards’ Spiritual Writings. Mahwah: Paulist Press, 2019. Co-editor and Contributor.
- Jonathan Edwards: The Sermons of the Epistle to the Galatians. New Haven: Yale University; Eugene: Cascade, 2019.
- Before Edwards: Sources of New England Theology. New York: Oxford University Press, 2018.
- A Jonathan Edwards Encyclopedia. Grand Rapids: Wm. Eerdmans, 2017. Co-editor.
- George Whitefield at 300: Reflection, Reassessment, and Research in Africa. London: Latimer Trust. Co-editor and Contributor.
- New Directions in Jonathan Edwards Studies. Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht. Co-editor.
- Jonathan Edwards: The Matthean Parables, 3 vols. Eugene: Cascade Academics, 2012, 13. Co-Editor.
- Jonathan Edwards: Transatlantic Exchanges. Edinburgh: Dunedin Press, 2011. Co-Editor and Contributor.
- Petrus van Mastricht (1630-1706). Reformed Method and Piety. Boston: Brill, 2009.
MediaSermons, lectures, and videos from Dr. Adriaan Neele
- Before Jonathan Edwards
- Junius Institute for Digital Reformation Research
- On the Religious Affections: Episode 1
- On the Religious Affections: Episode 2
- On the Religious Affections: Episode 3
- On the Religious Affections: Episode 4
- On the Religious Affections: Episode 5
- On the Religious Affections: Episode 6
- On the Religious Affections: Episode 7
- On the Religious Affections: Episode 8
- On the Religious Affections: Episode 9
ArticlesSelect list of articles by Dr. Adriaan Neele
- “Life and Work of Petrus van Mastricht (1630-1706).” in Petrus van Mastricht, Theoretical-Practical Theology. Grand Rapids: Reformation Heritage Books, 2018, vol. I.
- “The Legacy of the Heidelberg Catechism: Politics, Pedagogy, and Preaching.” in Celebrating the Legacy of the Reformation. Nashville: B&H Publishing Group, 2019.
- “The Reception of Luther in Reformed Orthodoxy.” in Luther and the Early Modern era. London: T&T Clark/Latimer Trust, 2019.
- “Early Modern Dutch Exegesis.” in The Bible in Transatlantic Pietism and Evangelicalism: Eighteenth-Century Trends and Exchanges. University Park: Penn State Univ. Press, 2019.