Felipe Boechat Asseruy SilvaContact
Felipe began his studies at PRTS on January 2014, and acquired his Master’s degree at this institution. He is studying under the supervision of Dr. Adriaan Neele and his area of interest is the evangelistic effort of the Reformers, particularly towards Islamic nations. He intends to observe how the Reformed church of the 16th and 17th Centuries saw the subject of evangelism in its theology and methodology; his goal is to discover how the efforts of the past could bring enlightenment to the church today.
Prior to coming to PRTS he was ordained as a minister in the Presbyterian Church of Brazil (IPB) on December 2013. He is currently pastoring the Presbyterian Free Church of Livonia, Michigan. Felipe was born and raised in Brazil and he and his wife (Ji Ea) have three children (Sara, Maria and Daniel). Felipe met his wife while spending four years in missionary work in Africa, South and Southeast Asia, and Oceania.
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
(1) Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary (Masters Degree)
(2) Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary (PhD – in progress)
Subject Area and Specialty
The Reformed Apologetic effort within the Reformation and Post-Reformation movements, particularly towards Islamic nations.
Reformation and Post-Reformation studies in general, but particularly:
- Exchange between Reformed and Muslim theologians
- Cultural and Trans-Cultural Missions
- Christian-Muslim Relations
- Defense of the Trinity and apologetical effort towards non-Trinitarian sects
Pre-Reformation Christian-Muslim Relations in general, but particularly:
- Evangelistic effort and Apologetics