Lane started his course of studies at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary in August of 2017. Prior to this, he graduated from St. Olaf College (Northfield, MN) in 2000 with a B.Mus. in piano performance, and then from Westminster Theological Seminary in 2004 with an M.Div.
Lane has been a pastor since 2005, serving in the PCA since 2017, and since then in the OPC. At PRTS, he is in the Biblical Studies area, focusing his attention on Ezekiel, specifically the title God uses to address him, “son of man.”
He has been married to his wife Sarah since 2001, and they have five children: three girls and two boys.
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
(1) St. Olaf College (Northfield, MN) (BMus – piano performance)
(2) Westminster Theological Seminary (MDiv)
(3) Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary (PhD – in progress)
- Systematic Theology, particularly issues of theological encyclopedia
- History of biblical interpretation
- Application, particularly of preaching
- “Instinction: An Historical, Exegetical, and Systematic-Theological Examination.” Mid-America Journal of Theology 29 (2018, forthcoming).
- “Too Many to Choose From? The English Bible Translation Controversy.” Unio Cum Christo 4 (2019, forthcoming).
- “The Man in Linen: A New and Old Interpretation of Ezekiel 9-10.” The Confessional Presbyterian 14 (2018): 29-36.
- “The Sabbath Day and Recreations on the Sabbath: An Examination of the Sabbath and the Biblical Basis for the ‘No Recreation’ Clause in Westminster Confession of Faith 21.8 and Westminster Larger Catechism 117”. The Confessional Presbyterian 12 (2016): 161-72.