Dr. Joel R. BeekeContact • Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Joel R. Beeke is President and Professor of Systematic Theology and Homiletics at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary, a pastor of the Heritage Reformed Congregation in Grand Rapids, Michigan, editor of Puritan Reformed Journal and Banner of Sovereign Grace Truth, editorial director of Reformation Heritage Books, president of Inheritance Publishers, and vice-president of the Dutch Reformed Translation Society.
He has written and co-authored over one hundred books (most recently, Reformed Systematic Theology, Vol. 1: Revelation and God, Reformed Preaching, A Puritan Theology: Doctrine for Life; Knowing and Growing in Assurance of Faith; Prepared by Grace, for Grace: The Puritans on God’s Ordinary Way of Leading Sinners to Christ; and Debated Issues in Sovereign Predestination), edited another one hundred books, and contributed 2,500 articles to Reformed books, journals, periodicals, and encyclopedias.
His PhD is in Reformation and Post-Reformation theology from Westminster Theological Seminary (Philadelphia). He is frequently called upon to lecture at seminaries and to speak at Reformed conferences around the world. He and his wife Mary have been blessed with three children and two grandchildren.
“And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.”
Select list of books authored or edited by Dr. Joel R. Beeke
- A Puritan Theology: Doctrine for Life. Grand Rapids, MI: Reformation Heritage Books, 2012. Contributor and editor.
- The Reformation Heritage KJV Study Bible. Grand Rapids, MI: Reformation Heritage Books, 2014. General Editor and contributor.
- Parenting by God’s Promises: How to Raise Children in the Covenant of Grace. Orlando, FL: Reformation Trust, 2011.
- The Quest for Full Assurance: The Legacy of Calvin and His Successors. Edinburgh: Banner of Truth, 1999.
- The Epistles of John. Darlington, England: Evangelical Press, 2006.
- Meet the Puritans: With a Guide to Modern Reprints. Grand Rapids, MI: Reformation Heritage Books, 2006. With Randall J. Peterson
Sermons, lectures, and videos from SermonAudio:
Courses taught by Dr. Joel R. Beeke
- 324 – Puritan Theology
- 328 – Covenant Theology
- 401 – Basic Systematic Theology: The Compendium
- 411 – Systematic Theology I: Prolegomena
- 412 – Systematic Theology II: Theology Proper
- 413 – Systematic Theology III: Anthropology
- 414 – Systematic Theology IV: Christology
- 415 – Systematic Theology V: Soteriology
- 511 – Homiletics I: Sermon Preparation, Construction, & Delivery
- 512 – Homiletics II: Reformed Experiential Preaching
- 513 – Homiletics III: Sermon Preparation for Special Services
- 514 – Homiletics IV: Preaching from the Heidelberg Catechism