Guochao (Jason) ZhaoContact • [email protected]
Guochao is a doctoral student in Historical Theology at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary. His research focuses on the historical development of Reformed Ethics in the post-Reformation era, with particular reference to the ethics of Wilhelmus à Brakel.
Prior to enrolling at PRTS, Guochao completed his M.Th at International Reformed Evangelical Seminary of Jakarta, Indonesia with a concentration in historical-systematic theology. He served two years as a teacher and preacher in Gereja Reformed Injili Indonesia before coming to PRTS.
Guochao is married to his wife Yimeng and they have two children.
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
(1) Jilin University of Finance and Economics, Changchun, China (BA)
(2) International Reformed Evangelical Seminary of Jakarta, Indonesia (MTh)
(3) Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary (PhD – in progress)
Subject Area and Specialty
- The theology and ethics of Wilhelmus à Brakel
- The historical development of Reformed Ethics
- Christian living
- Reformation and Post-Reformation Theology
- Covenant Theology
- Reformed Ethics and Spirituality
- The doctrine of union with Christ
- Legalism and Antinomianism
“Williams Ames on the Authority of Conscience” in Studies in Puritanism & Piety, (2020, forthcoming).
“The Comparison of John Calvin and Karl Barth on the Doctrine of Union with Christ” in Verbum Christi: Jurnal Teologi Reformed Injili, Volume 5, No. 1, October 2018.
“The Root of Union with Christ: Comparison of Election in John Calvin and Karl Barth” in Verbum Christi: Jurnal Teologi Reformed Injili, Volume 4, No. 2, October 2017.