Hakryang is a doctoral student in historical theology at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary. His research focuses on Cornelius Burgess (d. 1665) and the ecclesiology of the Westminster Assembly.
Before enrolling in the doctoral program at PRTS, he completed an MDiv at Korea Theological Seminary in Cheonan, South Korea (2015) and a ThM at Calvin Theological Seminary in Grand Rapids (2019). Hakryang is an ordained pastor of Kosin (or Koshin) Presbyterian Church in Korea.
Hakryang is married to his wife, Minyoung and he has two children (Lynn and Ohnn).
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
(1) Korea University, Seoul, South Korea (BSc in Bio-engineering)
(2) Korea Theological Seminary, Cheonan, South Korea (MDiv)
(3) Calvin Theological Seminary, Grand Rapids, MI (ThM)
(4) Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary (PhD – in progress)
Subject Area and Specialty
English Presbyterianism of Cornelius Burgess
- English Puritanism
- The Westminster Assembly
- Ecclesiology and Church Government