Dr. Michael P. V. Barrett
Senior Research Professor of the Old TestamentContact
Dr. Michael Barrett is a minister in the Heritage Reformed Congregations. Formerly, Dr. Barrett served as president of Geneva Reformed Seminary. He earned his doctorate in Old Testament Text with a special focus on Semitic languages.
His dissertation was titled “A Methodology for Investigating the Translation Philosophies and Techniques of the Septuagint.” For almost thirty years, he was professor of Ancient Languages and Old Testament Theology and Interpretation at Bob Jones University. Dr. Barrett had an active role in the ministry of the Free Presbyterian Church until his coming to PRTS. He is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society and has published numerous articles in both professional and popular journals. He contributed to and served as Old Testament editor for The Reformation Heritage KJV Study Bible.
Dr. Barrett and his wife Sandra have two sons and five grandchildren. Dr. Barrett’s hobbies include hunting and thinking about hunting.
“And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.”
- 614 – The Christian Minister & His Ministry
- 130 – World of the Bible
- 516 – Homiletics V: Preaching Christ in the OT
- 123 – OT Exegesis III: Advanced Exegesis
- 612 – Issues in Biblical Counseling
- 611 – Foundations and Process of Biblical Counseling
- 511 – Homiletics I: Sermon Preparation, Construction, & Delivery
- 441b – Symbolics: The Three Forms of Unity
- 417 – Systematic Theology VII: Eschatology
- 233 – Text and Translation of the Bible
- 132 – Old Testament Introduction
- 122 – Old Testament Exegesis II: Poets and Prophets
- 121 – Old Testament Exegesis I: Narratives
- 120 – Methods of Hebrew Exegesis
- 112 – Hebrew II
- 111 – Hebrew I