Before coming to PRTS in 2017, I completed my ThM in Christian Philosophy and Apologetic in Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (2015). I then taught for a year and a half in Malaysia Baptist Theological Seminary. My family and I just relocated to Taiwan in 2017 to join the faculty team of China Reformed Theological Seminary. Under the seminary faculty-in-training program, I begin my doctoral study as a PhD student in the Historical Theology department. My greatest passion is to promote theological education among the Chinese churches.
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
(1) Campbell University, North Carolina (BA, 2001-2005)
(2) China Reformed Theological Seminary, Taiwan (MDiv, 2009-2012)
(3) Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Kentucky (ThM 2014-2015)
(4) Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary (PhD in Historical Theology 2017- Current)
My ministry experience has been: Pastor of Penang Good News Baptist Church, Malaysia (2012-2016); Full-time Professor of Malaysia Baptist Theological Seminary (2015-2016); Full-time Professor of China Reformed Theological Seminary (2017- Current).
Subject Area and Specialization
The view of prophetic gift before and after the Westminster Assembly.
The development of Christian Theology in general, but particularly:
- The Reformation Theology
- English Puritanism
- Theology Proper and Bibliology
- Christian Apologetics
- Christian Philosophy
- Christian Theology and Biblical Counseling
- Linguistic Theory