Sherif FahimContact • email@example.com
Sherif is a doctoral student in Biblical Studies at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary. His research at PRTS focuses on Romans 6 and the relation between justification and sanctification in the book of Romans.
Sherif holds a B.Th. from Alexandria School of Theology, Alexandria, Egypt; an MAR in Biblical Studies from Moore Theological College, Sydney, Australia; and a Th.M. in Systematic Theology from Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary, Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA. He joined the faculty at Alexandria School of Theology in 2009 where he currently teaches the Book of Romans, Christology, Eschatology, the Reformed Confessions and Theology of the Pentateuch. He also serves as an elder in Sidi Beshr Kebly Presbyterian church, in Alexandria since 2012. He also holds a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering from Alexandria University.
Sherif lives in Alexandria, Egypt where he grew up, and is married to Marian. They have three daughters, Sophia, Nelly and Naomi.
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
(1) Alexandria University (BSc in Electrical Engineering)
(2) Alexandria School of Theology, Alexandria, Egypt (BTh)
(3) Moore Theological College, Sydney, Australia (MAR in Biblical Studies)
(4) Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary (ThM – Systematic Theology)
(5) Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary (PhD – in progress)
Subject Area and Specialty
Paul’s teaching of Sanctification in Romans 6. How does Paul relate freedom from sin’s guilt and freedom from its power?
Systematic and New Testament theology in general, but particularly:
- The Book of Romans
- The doctrine of Justification (Comparing and Contrasting the Reformed view and the New Perspective on Paul).
- The doctrine of sanctification and the different uses of the law.
- The relation between the law and gospel.
Articles Published (English) (Peer Reviewed)
- “Obedience of Faith in Romans 1: 5” Puritan Reformed Journal 9 (July 2017): 53-77.
- “Kantian Epistemology vs. Reformed Epistemology.” Puritan Reformed Journal 12 (January 2020): 125-152.
- “Calvin’s Doctrine of Reprobation.” Doon Theological Journal 17 (March 2020): 75-94.
- The Lost World of Scripture, by D. Brent Sandy and John H. Walton. Puritan Reformed Journal 11 (January 2019): 212-220.
Books Published (Arabic)
- “Manhood & Womanhood in Gen 1-3” in Ordination of Women in view of the Text and Reality. Cairo: Dar Al Thaqafa, 2014.
- How do you Read Hebrews? The Use of the OT in the Book of Hebrews. Cairo: Anglican Publishing House, 2019.
- Devotions from the Book of Psalms (Psalms 1-41). Alexandria: El-Soora Ministries, 2020. (Forthcoming)
Translation and Editing (Arabic)
- Sproul, R. C. Can I Trust the Bible? Alexandria: El-Soora Ministries, 2018. (Editor)
- Sproul, R. C. What is Repentance? Alexandria: El-Soora Ministries, 2019. (Translator)
- Beeke, Joel. Contagious Christian Living. Alexandria: El-Soora Ministries & TSF, 2019. (Editor)
- Piper, John. Coronavirus and Christ. Alexandria: El-Soora Ministries, 2020. (Editor)
- Piper, John. Coronavirus and Christ (Conversational Arabic). Alexandria: El-Soora Ministries, 2020. (Translator)
- Piper, John. Don’t Waste Your Cancer. Alexandria: El-Soora Ministries, 2020. (Translator) (Forthcoming)